This summer, miraculously, I found time to create a couple of new quilts for friends. We knew one of the babies was going to be a boy and that his room would be a Harry Potter theme. I found some ideas on Pinterest and thought that I would try those. I had collected HP fabric for a while thinking that I would do one with lots of different fabrics but quickly realized I wanted to do something a little more challenging. These are what I turned out in a short amount of time.
The first one did not turn out as good as I was hoping but it turned out ok. It was a little buckled in places and not square. UGH!
The second one turned out awesome. It was a little easier than I thought it was going to be.
The third quilt I did was not originally intended for the family it was sent to this summer. I started for someone else and quickly realized they were not going to appreciate all of the work that went into this quilt. I was so happy that this one found a home and a home that it was greatly appreciated by the recipient. I can’t wait to see pictures of little Josh with this quilt.
This quilt was super challenging because of how I decided to put it together. I didn’t think it would take as much time as it did either. I will say I learned a lot from this quilt though and I am happy that I completed one that was so challenging to me.
So I did this project a while back and just have not posted the pictures. This blanket was for a girl at work that just had her baby. They did his room in Mickey, specifically Sorcerer Mickey. I wanted to come up with a cool way of making a blanket that I hadn’t see before and this is what I came up with and it worked.
She might have cried when I gave it to her. Next up is starting on a gift for Guyon for Christmas. This one is going to take some time so I better start on it now or it may not get finished. I can’t wait to see how this one turns out!
After finding out that JoAnn Fabric released a line of fabric for the Kentucky Derby, I ran to the store to scoop up some of it. The patterns were awesome and complimented each other so well. I knew that I wanted to try to make a simple quilt out of it but knew that I had one week before the big race. I also knew that naptime was going to have to become the time when I worked on it.
Lucky for me, my little man was super good last week and he allowed me to work and finish his quilt. I wanted something special for him to celebrate his first Derby. I have to say that it turned out super cute and it was a good thing because it was cool out that day and we needed the extra blanket.
Here is little man watching the race coverage on the first Saturday in May on the boat. We had a great time watching the race!
We were all excited to see Nyquist win the race and look forward to Black Eyed Susan Day and the Preakness. We just might have to pull the blanket out for that race as well and use it over the next couple of races!