This summer, miraculously, I found time to create a couple of new quilts for friends. We knew one of the babies was going to be a boy and that his room would be a Harry Potter theme. I found some ideas on Pinterest and thought that I would try those. I had collected HP fabric for a while thinking that I would do one with lots of different fabrics but quickly realized I wanted to do something a little more challenging. These are what I turned out in a short amount of time.
The first one did not turn out as good as I was hoping but it turned out ok. It was a little buckled in places and not square. UGH!
The second one turned out awesome. It was a little easier than I thought it was going to be.
The third quilt I did was not originally intended for the family it was sent to this summer. I started for someone else and quickly realized they were not going to appreciate all of the work that went into this quilt. I was so happy that this one found a home and a home that it was greatly appreciated by the recipient. I can’t wait to see pictures of little Josh with this quilt.
This quilt was super challenging because of how I decided to put it together. I didn’t think it would take as much time as it did either. I will say I learned a lot from this quilt though and I am happy that I completed one that was so challenging to me.
This will be the closest we get to a 17 month picture. I failed this month in taking G’s pictures.
How Big Are You?
You love to weigh yourself on the scale in mom and dad’s bathroom. So we do know that statistic. You weigh 27.5 pounds.
What’s Your Temperament?
You are starting to throw temper tantrums a little bit but you are still very chill most of the time. You do have things that you are more attached to these days and you don’t like it when we take them from you to move on to the next activity.
What Are You Eating?
Anything and everything. You pretty much eat anything that mom and dad eat. Blueberries, hummus, Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets, french fries, applesauce packets and eggs seem to be some of your favorites.
What Are you Sporting?
Some 18 months but you are starting to out grow them quickly. Mainly 24 month and 2T. You do love your basketball shorts and dry fit shirts during the day when we play. Most days at home though you don’t wear shorts. You rock the t-shirt and diaper most days at home.
How Are You Sleeping?
You have your moments where you go to bed like a champ and then other nights you like to cry. Since we don’t have the pacifier any more, we just let you cry most nights.
Guyon Likes + Dislikes:
Fun Moments, Favorite Notes, Guyon Quirks + Milestones:
– We went on our first trip out of the marina and you made it out of the marina and then you fell asleep. You slept until we rafted up with other members of the Yacht Club.
– A partial week without daddy. He visited Indianapolis this time.
– We had space week.
– We visited more parks for the Summer Adventure.
– We watched the tractor in the field plant the field.
– You learned how to pull books into your bed and read them at night time. Sometimes you pulled them into bed in the morning too.
– You learned about how fun it is to put a roll of toilet paper in the toilet and get it all wet.
– We visited Jerusalem Mills and visited with the interpreters that were there that day!
– We started dinosaur week.
– You got a bite on your foot which casued it to swell up, huge. We took you to the doctor where we got your antibiotics and you threw up on the way home. We think it might have been a spider bite but we aren’t 100% sure.
– You fell asleep at lunch a couple of times causing you to take a really early nap.
– We spent some time with Granny, Grandpa and Uncle Daniel on a Friday afternoon. You loved being in your swing and playing with your train. You ate like a champ at lunch at the Bayard House with Granny.
– We went to the Bull Roast at St. Denis with the Yacht Club.
– You helped daddy wash the car.
– We had Farm Week. We built your puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa for the first time. You painted and you played with your animals.
– You love playing at the library and getting new books.
– You wore daddy’s zoo shoes for the first time.
– You helped with your 2nd Kids Kruise and you did awesome job. You also were a cutie in the photobooth.
-You went on your first train trip. We traveled on the auto train from Lorton, Virginia to Stafford, Florida. We added a couple more states to your growing list. You also did great on your first train trip. You slept through the night.
– We vacationed in Savannah, Georgia. We used the ferry everyday and visited lots of famous places in Savannah.
– You helped celebrate mom and dad’s 5th anniversary.
– You continue to amaze us by going poop on the potty pretty much every day.