How Big Are You?
We will see how much bigger you are at your 2 year old appointment. Maybe, we should weigh you…..
What’s Your Temperament?
You have definitely hit the trying twos. You need to be redirected or told no a lot more often these days. You don’t like to be told no though, you break down pretty much every time we tell you no. You do have a very sweet side though. You give great hugs and kisses and have started signing “I love you” to mom and dad. You love to learn and you are a very curious little boy.
What Are You Eating?
You love hummus, pretzel chips, peas, green beans, potatoes, chicken and steak. You eat most everything we put in front of you. The only exceptions we have found are mushrooms and onions, even though you did gobble the french onion soup we just recently had for dinner.
What Are you Sporting?
2T pants and shirts. Pajamas you are starting to wear 3Ts depending on the type of pjs. You really like to wear sweatpants, like mom and dad.
How Are You Sleeping?
When you are at home in your bed, you sleep like a champ. Most days during naps, you fall asleep before mom walks out of the room. You like to be rocked and read to before you lay down to go to sleep.
When you are in the pack in play, you don’t sleep the best. You typically wake up at least once during the night. At Mommom and PopPop’s house, you end up in bed with mommy a lot more than you are allowed to do that at home.
Guyon Likes + Dislikes:
– Mommy and Daddy playing on the floor with you.
– Listening to the piano player at the Homestead.
– Dancing in the Main Dining Room
– Playing by yourself
– Being told No
Words are becoming a lot more easy to understand. You are actually starting to communicate with us a lot more.
– Oh no!
– Dig Dig Dig (We have video of you reading “The Diggers” to us.)
– I don’t know.
– MomMom PopPop
Sign language you currently use:
– Thank you
– I love you
Fun Moments, Favorite Notes, Guyon Quirks + Milestones:
– Uncle Sam came to visit overnight
– You like to get the tupperware out and you like to play with the muffin pan.
– You enjoyed opening your Thomas countdown calendar.
– We made cookies with Granny’s help.
– We went out for Daddy’s birthday at Harry’s seafood grill.
– You visited Longwood Gardens with Daddy, Granny, Grandpa, and Uncle Daniel. Mommy was home sick.
– Daddy did a great job of taking care of you for a couple of days while mommy was not feeling well.
– You discovered mommy’s crazy fuzzy scarf.
– Christmas photos with the family!
– We celebrated Christmas in our house. Granny, Grandpa, and Uncle Daniel came over later in the day as well to celebrate.
– We visited the Homestead. You loved the Gingerbread house, making cookies, seeing all of your cousins, and watching the worker vacuum the Great Hall. It was bitterly cold out though so we didn’t spend much time outside.
– You and Mommy flew back to Indiana to visit with family. Daddy then joined us for Uncle Tony’s funeral. You were a rockstar at MomMom and PopPop’s house and gave lots of family hugs that were much needed.