Holy cow! I can’t believe we have a three year old. The last year seems like it has flown by but has been an absolute blast seeing how much you have developed over the last year. The development that happens between two and three is crazy. You vocabulary has quadrupled and the things that you show us that you know how to do blows us away every single day.
How Big Are You?
At least 35 lbs and I am not sure how tall. We don’t go in for your checkup until the 25th. I’ll try to remember to update it then.
What’s Your Temperament?
You have started to show us a little more of the
What Are You Eating?
Most everything but you have favorites, that is for sure. You don’t prefer mushrooms and onions (if you know they are in something). You LOVE Mac and Cheese and Applesauce.
What Are you Sporting?
3T everything. You don’t wear pajamas to bed most of the time but you love to wear them when we spend the day at home. You love to wear sweatpants and your Thomas t-shirts. You still let mommy put you in your cute clothes but you throw more of a fit about it somedays.
You started wearing underwear in October and haven’t looked back. You still wear Pull-ups at bedtime though.
How Are You Sleeping?
You still take a nap everyday. Most days it is about two hours long. You are normally in bed by about 7:30 pm or 8:00 pm each night but you don’t always fall asleep right away. You normally sleep until about 6:15 am on the weekdays and about 7:30 am on the weekends. Sometimes we get lucky and you sleep in a little bit more on the weekends but not very often, unless you are sick.
Guyon Likes + Dislikes:
Likes – Painting (feet, hands, anything, and everything), reading books, chocolate (milk, ice cream, plain, anything!), pancakes (sprinkles and chocolate chips), watching Johnny Cash on YouTube and Daniel Tiger, cuddles with mom, projects with dad, the model train layout, his friends at school
Dislikes – Being told no, tags in shirts, wearing pajamas, sharing (sometimes), mom dropping you off at school, sitting in the corner
Fun Moments, Favorite Notes, Guyon Quirks + Milestones:
- We grew plants at the rental house.
- Your favorite activity at the rental house was to watch the school buses pass by the house in the afternoon.
- You love exploring all of the new parks and playground equipment in our area.
- You started a new daycare and have made lots of new friends.
- We found an indoor park that you love to visit!
- You discovered train chasing and watching trains in the park. Daddy loves to take you to watch trains and eat White Castles.
- You also loved watching the squirrels at the rental house and learned how to shake your tail like a squirrel.
- You started helping mommy get dinner ready. You have learned how to stir things, dump ingredients together and all around be a huge help in the kitchen.
- We spent Easter at MomMom and PopPop’s and Granny and PooPa came to visit.
- You visited the Louisville Zoo for the first time during the day. You really liked seeing all of animals.
- You love to read books! There are several on your shelf that you have memorized and can almost tell us the story.
- We moved into our new house.
- Your favorite toys: Wooden trains, play food and grill, and most recently LEGOs.
- You started potty training(April), quit for a while and then all of a sudden decided that you were ready to wear underwear(October). Mom and Dad aren’t complaining because you made it easy on us and you did it all on your own.
- You got food poisoning from chicken juice and then Mom and Dad got it too. You had your first trip to the ER.
- You participated in your first Indy 500 trike race at daycare.
- You learned that you love to be in the pool but it sometimes very short lived.
- You had your first dentist appointment and you were a champ.
- You had your first giant donut at the Zionsville Farmer’s Market.
- Lots of people came to visit for Memorial Day weekend and we swam in the pool.
- We learned that you LOVE projects around the house. Literally, every weekend you want a project to do with Daddy. Whether it is installing lightbulbs, hinges on kitchen cabinets, or building the railroad.
- First trip to Holiday World with MomMom and PopPop. You loved riding the canoes and playing in the water.
- Visited Maryland for 4th of July. This trip included a visit to Strasburg, lots of visits to the horses, a visit to the boat yard.
- Love to be outside and play in the pool.
- Made new friends at school and you started talking about your friends at home.
- Building trains has become a daily occurrence.
- Learn to shoot hoops in the driveway.
- Visited Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for mom and dad’s anniversary. You loved the train playground, the swan boat, and you played your first game of mini golf.
- You got to explore a firetruck at school and learn about the different parts of the truck.
- Finger paint in the bath tub has also become a favorite.
- Sat on Uncle Tony’s tractor before it was auctioned off at the estate auction.
- You used the stool in the kitchen as a scanner for your grocery store cashier.
- Went to see Uncle Andrew in Davenport for the helicopter to drop candy. PopPop really wanted you to experience this and you seem to enjoy it. You also got yourself in the bathtub at the hotel and turned the water on yourself. You still had your pajamas on when you did this.
- You had a note in your pocket when you came home that you didn’t cry when you came to school. It took you about 6 months for this to happen.
- Visited French Lick with Granny and PooPa and Uncle Daniel. It rained all weekend.
- You started getting monthly haircuts.
- Uncle Andrew came to visit. We took him to the farmer’s market and got him a chocolate donut.
- You pooped on the potty for the first time at school in September. It was a big surprise to mommy and daddy!
- You went to your first tailgate at a Purdue football game. You had a blast with Stella.
- Visited Chicago for the first time. You saw the bean and the Museum of Science and Industry. It was lots of fun and you talk about the train layout and all of the trains that you saw all the time.
- Went to school picnic and you rode in a barrel train the entire time we were there.
- You and Mommy and Daddy visited the pumpkin patch and apple orchard. You had a lot of fun riding some of the rides and eating an apple in the orchard.
- You woke up on October 16th and wanted to wear underwear to school. You didn’t have any accidents either while you were at school. You made potty training super easy on Mommy and Daddy. You wear them every single day but still insist on wearing Pull-Ups at night even though I really don’t think you need them anymore.
- You were a train conductor for Halloween. Granny and PooPa came for a visit.
- We went to visit the Indianapolis Children’s Museum with Granny and PooPa. You enjoyed the visit seeing the trains and playing in the little kids’ section. You played in the water and climbed the Lilly pads.
- Daddy and Granny took you to the indoor park for you to play.
- You like getting your own pizza from Papa Murphy’s and building it yourself.
- We went with Uncle Sam, Emma, Uncle Andrew, Allie, MomMom and PopPop to tailgate at a Purdue football game. It was really cold. You got to see the Boilermaker Special for the first time.
- Visited Maryland for Thanksgiving. Visited Strasburg and you got to see Santa on the train. He gave you an ornament. You enjoyed playing in the train house and helping feed Widgeon dog. We also went to Longwood Gardens to see all of the Christmas Decorations and the outdoor train layout.
- We went to cut down our Christmas Tree.
- You helped daddy build the model railroad in the basement.
- Celebrated St. Nick day. You enjoyed opening your stocking to see what all was in there.
- We went to Gaylord Opyland in Nashville. We went to see the Ice sculptures and all of the Christmas lights throughout the hotel. You loved watching the fountain show.
- You helped at your first Salvation Army giveaway. You were really good and didn’t get into too many of the toys. Everyone was super excited to see you.
- We decorated pinecones with glitter and daddy got really mad because glitter ended up all over the house.
- Celebrated daddy’s birthday and you loved the cupcakes.
- Everyone came to visit for Christmas the weekend before Christmas. There were so many presents and it took a long time to open them all. We had lots of good food for dinner and breakfast and we all went to church together.
- We went to Christmas Eve Mass at St. Elizabeth Seton. We had to get there really early for mommy to work and you were a champ. Little did we know you weren’t feeling well at all.
- You woke up Christmas morning super early, not because you were excited. You were having a hard time breathing and we ended up having to give you several breathing treatments to get you to feel better. You also ran a fever that day. You favorite gifts were train stuff, legos, and you scooter.
- We visited the Homestead with Granny, PooPa and Uncle Daniel. You loved watching Ms. Kelly and Mr. David play the piano. You painted piggy banks, decorated a gingerbread house, and cookies. On New Year’s Eve you made friends with the chefs in the Jefferson Room. You kept waving to them (aka a way to keep you busy at dinner) and they came out and gave you a chef’s hat to wear. You were the talk of the town on our way out of the restaurant.
- You like to use your conductor radio to call the dispatcher to release the trains. (The radio was a gift from Uncle Sam and Emma for Christmas.)
- You like to sing songs all the time.
- You got a big boy bed and were so excited to see it when you got home from school.
- Your new favorite food is pancakes. You love whip cream on them too. You want them almost every morning to eat for breakfast.
- You still cry when we take you to school some mornings but Ms. Merriah keeps special jobs for you in the mornings. It helps to keep you busy.
- We went to see Daniel Tiger Live at Purdue in Elliott Hall of Music. You were mesmerized. We couldn’t tell if you liked it or not but you wouldn’t stop talking about it afterwards.
- “All aboard” has become your new favorite thing to yell. You put your hand up to your mouth to yell and always do it backwards.
- You got pneumonia and spent about a week at home. You also made all of your classmates sick because we thought you were better and sent you back to school. You woke up from nap with a 103 fever.
- You had a doughnut for Valentine’s Day and loved it. You spent the day with mommy until MomMom came to watch you while we went to see the baby.
- First Purdue basketball game at Mackey with Uncle Sam. You told us it was too loud for you.
- You discovered building music instruments out of your legos. Guitars, trumpets and saxophones are your favorites to build. We ended up exploring all kinds of musical instruments in books, YouTube videos and music. Your knowledge has quickly expanded and you know play the electronic guitar on everything from a pillow to the vacuum hose.
- We read lots of presidents books for President’s Day. You only let me read a couple of them to you but it was still fun.
- You got your valentine’s from your classmates a little late due to you having pneumonia. You enjoyed opening them and getting all of the goodies.
- You like to put your hand on mommy’s belly to feel the baby move.
- Painting is one of your favorite things to do. You love to get out big pieces of paper and paint almost every single week.
- You went through a growth spurt at the end of February. For three days, you ate and slept a ton! We couldn’t keep you full and your naps at daycare were the longest you have ever taken.
- MomMom and PopPop came to take care of you for a little while so that Mommy and Daddy could go to a work function for mommy.
- We took really fun 3rd birthday pictures with confetti.